Saturday, August 6, 2011

Old boyfriend of 20+ years ago who is married, contacted me through facebook?

I ended the relationship at the time because he was very possessive. I have never been married, and live a fairly good life. He contacted me through facebook and we started chatting. I recently saw him on a dating site and told him that. He said that he had done that when he was bored and that he did not go on a single date, because everyone was just interested in a quick lay and no one is interested in a relationship of meaning. He says that he is practically a "single father" but is still married and loves and cares a lot about his children. He said he will explain when we go out for coffee.I agreed and we went for coffee. He then told me that he is still married , ETC so forth, that he cares deeply for his children, that he wanted to leave his wife in the past, that he did, but went back again. ... That he knows he's been too possessive in the past, and apologised for that . I also appologised for perhaps not appreciating him back then. He then said he had to go to a meeting, but that we have to go out for dinner. He wants to tell me some more and hear more about me. He sends regards and messages to my family. I got very uncomfortable and told him that he has to remember he is a married man and that I will think about going to dinner/lunch with him. He has contacted me again a few times to see of I have made up my mind to go with him and assures me that there is no pressure and that I have to make up my mind to go... the problem is that I am feeling attracted to him and do not know what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment